Teijin to exhibit at Eco-Products International Fair in Singapore
SpecialtyFabricsReview.com | March 15, 2013
The Teijin Group announced that it will showcase a range of environmental products and technologies at the Eco-products International Fair (EPIF), Asia’s largest environmental show, which will take place at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, from March 14 to 16.
The Teijin Group (booth AB07-1) will present solutions using materials and technologies that contribute to low-carbon, recycling-based societies, with a special focus on clean mobility (transportation) and the effective use of resources:
Clean mobility (reducing the weight of automobiles, trains and aircraft)
- Panlite polycarbonate resin glazing used as an alternative to glass for automobile sunroofs, quarter-windows and rear fittings.
- Tenax carbon fiber in carbon fiber composite materials for aircraft floor beams and automotive diffusers.
Effective use of resources
- ECO CIRCLE, the world’s first closed-loop recycling system based on polyester chemical recycling technology, developed by the Teijin Group.
- Biofront, a biomaterial offering much higher heat resistance and moldability than conventional bioplastics, and strong resistance to hydrolysis.
- ECO CIRCLE Plantfiber, a fiber product that uses biomass-derived material instead of certain PET constituents but offers the same properties and quality of petroleum-derived PET.
- PLANEXT, an eco-friendly bio-polycarbonate resin made with bio-content based on isosorbide from corn and other plants, offering excellent transparency, chemical resistance, scratch resistance and durability.
The Teijin Group is expanding its presence in the high-growth markets of Southeast Asia. The Teijin Group established Teijin Polycarbonate Singapore Pte Ltd in 1997 to manufacture and sell polycarbonate resin. The Jurong-based company started production in 1999 and now exports to North America and Europe, as well as Asia. In addition, Toho Tenax, a Teijin subsidiary with a growing business in carbon fibers and composites, opened an office in Singapore in 2010 to explore and develop opportunities in Southeast Asia.