By Jill C. Lafferty
Are you ready to begin exporting? Take this assessment and explore the resources recommended by Mary Lynn Landgraf, senior international trade specialist with the Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA).
- www.export.gov | Website managed by the International Trade Administration of the U.S. government
- 800 872 8723 | Reach trade specialists with immediate answers to exporting questions
- www.otexa.ita.doc.gov | OTEXA website. Download the Going Global guide, which details the 15 largest markets for textile and apparel exports and the five fastest growing markets.
- www.buyusa.gov | Website of the U.S. Commercial Service, where you can find contact information for the export assistance center nearest you
- www.stopfakes.gov | U.S. Department of Commerce website focusing on intellectual property rights (IPR)
- www.districtexportcouncil.com | National District Export Council connects you with leaders in your local business community with export experience, who work in tandem with the Department of Commerce to provide consultation to small- and medium-sized businesses
- www.score.org | SCORE, an organization of working and retired business executives and owners who donate their time and expertise as business mentors
- www.exim.gov | Website of the Export-Import Bank of the U.S., the official export credit agency of the U.S.
- www.rurdev.usda.gov/rbs/busp/b&i_gar.htm | U.S. Department of Agriculture website with information about loan programs available to companies in cities and towns with populations under 50,000