Tips for a green shop
By: IFAI / Uncategorized
By Holly O’Dell
- Set up a recycling program and offer clearly marked bins for disposal. When you’re in the market to buy light bulbs, consider compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) or bulbs rated as an Energy Star product.
- Manage energy costs by turning off the light any time you leave a room for more than 15 minutes. Set computers to the “sleep” setting to cut energy use by 70 percent. Shut off the computer at the end of each day.
- Save water by installing low-flow plumbing fixtures.
- Purchase office supplies made of recycled/recyclable materials.
- Buy nontoxic cleaning products when possible.
Holly O’Dell is a freelance writer in east central Minnesota specializing in interior design, residential construction and architecture.