Learn about defense opportunities in Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
In these webinars, supported by Avascent and the Association of the United States Army (AUSA), learn where the new defense opportunities will be across the region’s top markets. Each webinar will address a separate area: Asia, the Middle East or Europe. These webinars support the National Export Initiative.
Asian defense spending is expected to exceed $110 billion in upcoming years. Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and other major players are expected to invest roughly $380 billion in the next five years. In the Middle East, countries are projecting a $170 billion investment in defense spending over the next five years. The main hurdles for defense companies looking to expand in this region are fierce competition and arduous decision-making processes across the region.
In Europe, NATO’s Communications and Information Agency (NCIA) envisions spending more than $1.3 billion over the next two years. Companies looking to sell to NATO must be able to offer a “best value” product in addition to skillfully navigating a recent restructuring of NATOâ€™s various agencies and departments.
- Gain an appreciation of new industry addressable defense opportunities across the region’s top markets
- Learn how regional tensions drive the need for new and advanced capabilities
- Learn about competition and resources available to help your company sell
- Learn “Next Steps” when seeking to grow defense sales across the region’s largest defense markets
The webinar agenda includes:
Regional Defense Opportunities
- Christina Balis, principal and director of European Operations, Avascent
- Stephen Ganyard, president, Avascent International
- Aleksandar Jovovic, senior associate, Avascent
- James Tinsley, managing director, Avascent
The Association of the US Army support for American Defense Industry Worldwide
- LTG Roger G. Thompson Jr., USA Ret., AUSA vice president, membership and meetings
- COL Peter Herrly, USA Ret., AUSA director of European affairs
The U.S. Commercial Service
- Cara Boulesteix, commercial specialist, U.S. Commercial Service, France
Asia: May 20, 2014
Middle East: May 21, 2014
Europe: June 3, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST