COVID-19 has illuminated the importance of textiles and why innovation remains a driving force in the industry. Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) supports innovation in numerous ways, including its upcoming Advanced Textiles (AT) Conference at IFAI Expo 2020 in Indianapolis, Ind.
“The Advanced Textiles audience has been deeply engaged in the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re excited to bring everyone together to talk about what has happened over the last months due to coronavirus, and what’s to come,” says Linden Wicklund, IFAI director of events and member programs.
“The Advanced Textiles Conference is a critical and vibrant component of what Expo is,” she adds. “We continue to be committed to the quality of this programming.”
The AT Conference convenes Tuesday, Nov. 3, the day before the show floor opens for Expo 2020. The conference begins with lunch, then presenters will explore topics related to the supply chain, lab to market concerns, and testing and standards.
Beyond the AT Conference, Expo 2020 will showcase AT Campfire presentations on the show floor and additional classroom education. Here’s just a sample of the AT topics and speakers conference attendees have to look forward to:
AT Conference, Nov. 3
- Developments and Derailments in Fibers, Fabrics and Product, by Sasha Stolyarov, AFFOA
- Amplifying Human Energy to Drive Performance and Recovery, by Seth Casden, Hologenix
- Smart Textiles Standardization and Active Illumination, by Jan Beringer, Hohenstein
- Clothing: The Next Frontier in Drug Delivery, by Jordan Schindler, Nufabrx
AT campfire presentations, Nov. 4–5, Expo show floor
- Making Sense of the DoD Budget, by Ron Houle, Pivot Step Consultants LLC
- Hemp Black, A Disruptive Eco-Experience, by Michael Savarie, Hemp Black Inc.
- Perpetually Cool: How Advances in Cooling Textile Technology and Sustainability Can Help Combat Global Warming, by Courtney Cruzan, brrr°
- Supporting the Value Chain through the Industrial Base Program, by Bill Sismour, Defense Logistics Agency
Classroom education, Nov. 5
- Advances in UV Tech, by Reinhold Schneider, DITF
- Textile Architecture in the 21st Century, by Gustavo Ramirez Lares, IMS Bauhaus
Located on the exhibitor show floor, the Advanced Textiles Pavilion is a gathering place for AT innovators, suppliers, beginners and experts. The pavilion offers attendees a place to make connections, discuss opportunities, solve problems and find suppliers.
Visit www.ifaiexpo.com/advancedtextiles for updated information on AT speakers and exhibitors.