Polartec will host the online panel discussion “The Science of Sustainable Fabric” on March 23, 2021. The conversation will cover circularity, recycled plastics, biodegradability and the testing and measurement of sustainability.
The event will begin with a brief introductory presentation from Polartec president Steve Layton, updating attendees on Polartec efforts, and introducing the event’s participants, which include some of the company’s key collaborators in its work to innovate performance fabrics based on sustainable science.
Following the introduction, Royal College of Art lecturer, journalist and performance textile sustainability expert Charles Ross will moderate a discussion with the following leaders:
- Steve Layton, Polartec president
- Jeff Strahan, Ph.D., Milliken and Company director of research, compliance and sustainability
- Dr. Morton Barlaz, North Carolina State University professor and head of the department of civil, construction and environmental engineering
- Eva Karlsson, Houdini Sportswear CEO
- Bruno De Wilde, Organic Waste Systems (OWS) laboratory manager
To register, visit https://www.voiceshell.live/polartec