The USTSA (United States Tent and Structure Alliance) is a group of tent and clearspan fabric structure manufacturers that have aligned to help promote the safe use of tents and other temporary structures for a wide variety of uses. The group was formed in March of 2020 in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The alliance has been instrumental in providing resources to the tent rental community including organized outreach to political leaders, marketing assets for tent renters, tent cleaning best practices and the general promotion of outdoor tented events.
The tent rental industry is supporting a nationwide “CARES” day on August 29, 2020, to show appreciation to the front-line medical workers that have supported the COVID-19 pandemic. The intentions are to help inspire the creation of dozens if not hundreds of these events nationwide. The events will be independently put together by members of IFAI’s Tent Rental Division (TRD), ARA, MATRA, other manufacturers and those directly in the tent rental community. In addition to the significance of the appreciation event for the healthcare workers, there is an additional significance of the event itself. The hope is to focus these events in outdoor spaces utilizing tents and other event rental equipment and showing there are safe ways for people to gather.
Tent rental industry ideas to participate (rental or manufacturer):
- Reach out to local hospitals, ambulance squad, firehouses, urgent care centers, etc…
- Thank them for their efforts and let them know what your plan is for August 29.
- Invite local media and dignitaries.
- Promote on your own individual social media.
- BBQ at your facility under a tent.
- Lunch under a tent at a hospital.
- Ice cream social under a tent.
- Happy Hour under a tent at a local venue.
- Special “Healthcare Worker” day/hour/time at restaurants using tents.
- Designated tent area for healthcare workers only to pick up food at a restaurant.
- Family fun day at your facility for healthcare workers and families (tents and fun and games (bounce houses)).
- “Open House” at your facility to show how the tents are made (manufacturers) or a meet and greet with your employees (manufacturers and/or rental companies).
- Family day (games for kids such as potato sack races, tug of war, water balloon toss, egg toss, bouncy house) around a tent.
- Local band with a barbecue under a tent.
- Wedding at a local venue with a tent.
- Massages under a tent.
- Volunteer at a local food bank.
- Coupon for first responder to redeem for tent rental at a later date.
- Enlist the help of local partners to participate to help with any cost.
- Work with local restaurants (they do the food, you do the tent).