The Fiber Society’s Spring 2010 Conference is being organized by BUTEKOM, Bursa Textile and Confection (Home Textiles and Furnishings) Research and Development Center, in collaboration with Uludag Exporters Union and The Fiber Society. The event will take place in Bursa, the textile center of Turkey, May 12–14, 2010.
Papers on fundamental research related to the science and engineering of fibers and fibrous materials are being solicited. Submissions of original work related to these major themes, as well as any aspects of the frontier of fibers and fibrous materials, are welcomed:
- fiber, polymer science and nanotechnology
- textile processing technology
- dyeing, finishing and biotechnology
- textile testing
- industrial and functional textiles
- fiber-reinforced composites
- smart textiles
- fashion design, costume history and aesthetics
- textile recycling, ‘green’ technologies and sustainable manufacturing
- technical textiles (medical, protective, transportation)
Online submissions will be accepted beginning Jan. 12, 2010. Visit the Fiber Society website at www.thefibersociety.org and follow the link to register and update your abstract. Submission deadline is March 12, 2010.