Vestagen Technical Textiles, Orlando, Fla., has announced that several of its research partners have been recognized for their accomplishments.
- Infection Control Today awarded the 2011 “Who’s Who in Infection Prevention” to Vestex researcher Dr. Gonzalo M. L. Bearman for his work finding new methods to combat MRSA and C. difficile bacteria.
- The Association for Professionals in Infectious Control (APIC) selected a video of a Vestex clinical trial for its 2011 APIC film festival competition. Kara Elam, M.P.H., participated in a 16-week, blind cross-over clinical trial conducted at Virginia Commonwealth University and filmed the result.
- Dr. Thomas Walsh, Vestex researcher and director of the Transplantation-Oncology Infectious Diseases program at Cornell University, received an honorary doctorate of law degree from Assumption College for his ongoing commitment to infection control.
- APIC selected Vestagen’s infection control consultant Linda Spaulding as one of the 2011 Heroes of Infection Prevention for her work to reduce infection, raise awareness and improve health care.
- APIC’s 2011 Elaine Larson Lectureship award for an expert who has made outstanding contributions toward the science of infection control and epidemiology research went to Vestex researcher Dr. Richard Wenzel, professor emeritus and former chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University medical center.