The Rhode Island Textile Innovation Network (RITIN), a trade organization whose mission is to guide the future growth of Rhode Island’s textile industry, announced that it has secured funding to launch the following initiatives in the fall of 2017:
- Conduct an industry survey to better understand Rhode Island’s supply chain and identify job skills needs.
- Create an industry database.
- Conduct a focus group survey to better understand the general public’s perception of the Rhode Island textile industry.
- Develop a brand strategy and marketing plan.
- Hold a launch event at Slater Mill in September 2017.
These initiatives will be funded by the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation and the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training. The next meeting of all industry participants will be Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 8:30 a.m. at Kenyon Industries. RITIN includes textile industry leaders, government officials and representatives from the University of Rhode Island and the Rhode Island School of Design.