Each year, the Leadership Development Committee of the Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) follows a detailed process outlined in association bylaws for electing new board members. As recently announced at IFAI’s annual meeting at IFAI Expo in Orlando, the following individuals have been chosen to serve on the IFAI board of directors:
- Ron Houle, president of Pivot Step Consultants LLC in Washington, D.C., has been elected to his first three-year director term.
- Jonathan Palmer, president and CEO of Autometrix Inc. in Grass Valley, Calif., has been elected to his first three-year director term.
- Marc Shellshear, general manager of Value Vinyls Inc. in Grand Prairie, Texas, has also been elected to his first three-year director term.
- Amy Bircher has been elected as new first vice chairman/chairman-elect. Bircher is president of MMI Textiles Inc. in Westlake, Ohio.
- Roy Chism has been elected as second vice chairman. Roy is president of The Chism Company in San Antonio, Texas.
At the conclusion of the annual meeting, Kathy Schaefer, IFM, became IFAI’s 52nd board chair. Schaefer is COO of Glawe Tent and Awning Company in Fairborn, Ohio, and will be featured in an interview in the November 2019 issue of Specialty Fabrics Review magazine.
Ending their terms on the IFAI board of directors: Brian Rowinski, vice president, Rainier Industries Ltd; Dennis Bueker, national sales manager, Miami Corp.; and past chair Katie Bradford, MFC, IFM, owner, Custom Marine Canvas.