Students are invited to showcase their design talents to win cash and recognition by participating in the Concept 2 Consumer® Student Design Competition.
This year’s theme, Fashion Evolution, showcases AATCC’s centennial: “Celebrating a Century—Focused on the Future.”
Fashion Evolution will mirror that theme. From the 1920s, when AATCC was founded, to the present day, students will be asked to choose a decade from the last 100 years and reinvent the fashions for the 2020 decade, focusing on one or more of the following:
- fit/sizing for various body types
- sustainable fashion
- personal protection
- new textile materials/technology
Students will be asked to:
- Research one chosen decade and related apparel products from that time period.
- Design an apparel line (3-5 designs) that is influenced by a chosen past decade’s style and reinvented for the 2020 decade. Choose one or more focus areas to incorporate into designs.
- Incorporate one or more surface designs (print pattern, woven design, knit design, etc.) within the apparel line.
Entries are due April 4, 2021.
For information, visit www.aatcc.org.