Digital Designware and the International Sign Association (ISA) are hosting the American Wrap Star contest for the first time at ISA Expo in Orlando, Fla., April 8-April 10. The contest will award $250,000 worth of prizes.
3M is the platinum sponsor of the event, providing 3M product as prizes, on-site support and demonstration, along with 3M Controltac Wrap Film with Comply v3 Adhesive IJ180Cv3 and 3M Scotchcal Ultra-Matte Overlaminate 8915, which will be used in the competition.
The competition will consist of five rounds during the three show days. Wrappers will compete on speed and quality and will be judged by a panel of international wrap experts.
A maximum of 128 wrappers can participate in the contest, and all participants, regardless of ranking, will receive a prize. Prizes awarded to the top winners will include a flatbed applicator, vinyl cutter with camera system and software, digital printer, 3M materials and laminator. Competitors that are eliminated after the first round will be awarded a package of vouchers for vinyl, overlaminate, software and wrap tools worth nearly $1,800.
Sponsors include 3M, Summa, Rollsroller, HP, Mutoh, Royal Sovereign, Corel, Pro Vehicle Outline, Cadlink, Digital Art Solutions, Yellotools, Image1Impact, and Wrap Experts.
Additional event details:
- Anyone with wrapping experience is eligible to participate in the contest.
- Participants are required to bring tools; electricity will be provided.
- All competitors who reach the morning rounds on Friday and Saturday will receive one night’s hotel at 50-percent off at the event HQ hotel for the night prior to the morning round.
- Participants receive free admission to the show for all three show days.
- All participants and sponsors will be invited to the “Wrap Night” party on Thursday. Venue and time to be announced.